Monday, May 3, 2010

Introductions are in order

So I am now an official blogger and fairly new convert to crunchy attitudes.   My daughters teach me the ways of the new world (social networking and crunchy life style and  such). Early on the subject was home schooling. This was very foreign to me at first.  How do you socialize a child without school?  How do they learn about hard work and schedules and study?  Now I know that it's all poppycock.  I am glad that Aellyn (my granddaughter) won't be going to public school. She won't be worried about measuring up - or forced to cope with unreasonable expectations. That's how I felt in school.  My first memory of kindergarten was of a girl deciding she didn't like me and wouldn't let me play.  Aellyn's first experiences have been with Mom and other babies and moms learning age appropriate songs and play.  She is happy and brave and friendly.   

Nursing, attachment parenting, co'sleeping, baby led feeding, gentle discipline all are new to me having grown up in the 50's - but I am on board.  My 50's childhood was very wonderful but I want even more for my family now.  So crunch on all you crunchy moms and dads, crunch on.  

I think my next post will be about  my first experience with co-sleeping.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome mom. I knew you'd have a unique and important voice to add to the discussion about natural parenting. You prove that old paradigms can and should be thrown out and change (even if it seems weird at first) should be embraced!

    So proud to have a mom that supports me instead of tears me down as I hear so many moms do. You rock Crunchy Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said poppycock....lmao. Good post mom I can't believe you have a blog and I don't....I feel left out. lol. Maybe I'll have to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO MANDI! I told you to get one. You need to bitch...I mean "talk" about your heathenism or is that atheism? I can never remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for crunchy Grandma! How cool is this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paige, you called your mom an old paradigm, shame on you ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for listening guys. This is really fun. Now you owe me something paige - and you now what it is - tomorrow morning around 4:50am. talk to you then. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. all this blogging stuff in nonsense it is not real you people need to get a life and gypsy1777 i know who you are now stop all this foolishness and get in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mamapoekie - lol! Yep, old as the dirt.

    @Crunchy Grandma - you b@#ch, lol

    @dad, jealous much? The 20th century called and begged you to leave. This is only for High End Users. kthxbai

    ReplyDelete
  9. And dude, if you don't want to be called old don't say things like "poppycock" :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most hilarious comment thread ever. I can't wait till my mom gets a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whats wrong with "poppycock" anyway? Some one might relate to my style or lack of it. lol

    ReplyDelete